Let’s have a quick rundown on the list of dry fruits for rum cake. Celebrate Christmas with love, joy & delicious, nutty rum cake.
Christmas Eve is about to come & we hope you all have already started up with the last-minute preparations & things needed to enjoy the much-awaited time of the year. While many homes are already busy getting the best collection of wine, turkey & decorating their respective Christmas tree, there is one thing that is the most- it’s delicious, relishing Rum Cake. The dense, warm & nutty-butty Rum Cake makes its way to “The Must” list of Christmas. Many people love to bake rum cake at their homes! It’s incomplete without the warmth of dry fruits! Handpicking dry fruits is important for rum cakes.
To make your work easier, we have listed down the important dry fruits that are super mandatory for Rum Cake. So what are you waiting for? Dig in!
1. Cashew Nuts
Cashew nuts are satisfying as snacks, toppings, or in any sauces or butter. Cashew nuts are rich in protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants like polyphenols; cashew nuts provide many vital health benefits.
Raisins are the sweetest of all the other dry fruits. Raisins are perfect dry fruits for rum cake, like raisins with numerous health benefits and a sweetening taste. Raisins help in the better and proper digestive system that further aids adequate digestion.
Almonds are dry fruits full of many antioxidants, including polyphenols. You may have always observed your mother giving you a handful of soaked almonds as they are popularly known for boosting your brain and memory.
Dry fruits for rum cake like pistachios are tasty, crunchy, and fun to eat dry fruits and very much affect health. They are lower in calories yet have a high protein content. Therefore, pistachios may promote and increase health.
Recipe for Dry Fruits Rum Cake
Here is the complete recipe to bake the rum cake for Christmas at home.
Ingredients for Rum Cake for Christmas
- Dry fruits
- Orange juice
- Baking powder
- Cinnamon powder
- Ginger powder
- Grated nutmeg
- Fresh orange zest
- Butter, softened
- Castor sugar
- 13. Brown sugar
- 14. Eggs
Steps of Baking and Soaking Dry Fruits for Rum Cake
- Place the roughly chopped fruits and nuts in a bowl.
- Take a saucepan set over medium heat, bring the orange juice to a boil. Add butter and let it melt.
- Set it off the heat and add Captain Morgan Original Rum. Mix well.
- Put the rum mixture over the fruits and cling, wrap it and let it sit overnight.
- Next day, preheat the oven to 180C and line a 9” cake pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, ginger powder, nutmeg, and orange zest in a medium down.
- In another bowl, beat both sugars and butter until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Mix in the rum-soaked fruits along with the liquid.
- At last, pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 180C for 40-50 minutes
We hope you have got the brownie points to know the list of dry fruits & have learned about what goes for baking a rich, dense & fluffy rum cake for the Christmas season. Now that you know the list of the dry fruits & the recipe, why not give it a shot & try to make the delicious rum cake at home! Start by collecting all the ingredients & do not forget to order the finest of the assorted dry fruits for rum cake from FOH - one of the trusted names for providing the best range of dry fruits, spices & many other items in Khari Baoli. Your cake deserves the best, hence get the best dry fruits now & cherish the cake at home!